Monday, January 27, 2020

2020 Jan 27, Enjoying a warm winter's day

It was nice to finally see the sun today, despite a nip of cold air still hanging around. I haven't been out much due to the cold, rainy weather. 

I rode to the Rock Pile at TVA Dam, hoping to see an eagle and maybe some waterfowl.

I saw a few waterfowl but no eagles. 

I met Steve Lovell, a great photographer with a Facebook page where he posts some of his photographs.

TVA Dam & Waterfowl 

I stopped by TVAM to view the art on display, donated by Wanda and Bill Isom. 


Every room was filled with art that they had collected over the years. One room featured Japanese block prints. 

The hall was filled with bird art. 

The Main gallery was full of large lithographs of birds. 

In the back room, a variety of art was displayed, including a Norman Rockwell and a Van Gogh. 

Loved the displays.


White Muted Swan
Canadian Geese 
Domestic geese
My next stop was Spring Park ( Growing up, I spent many hours playing at this park).
Spring Park has a man-made waterfall that is fed by a spring that flows into the pond below. 
Permanent residents are two Mute Swans.
Other waterfowl found here include Black Muscovy Ducks, White Muscovy Ducks, Domestic Ducks, Mallard Ducks, Canadian Geese, and others. 
It's a great place to get pictures of waterfowl. 
We had a lot of rain this year, and Spring Park was flooded. A couple of rides were entirely submerged and are no longer in use.  

My granddaughter-in-law owns a beauty school in Sheffield, so I stopped in to visit with her and my great-grandson. Hayne is just a doll, so cute, lovable, and sweet. 

Big Box of Chicken and fixin' from Bojangles
Hubby would be home from work soon, so I stopped at Bojangles to pick up a box of chicken and the fixings for supper. 🍗
It was a beautiful day, neither too hot nor too cold. 
We hope to have more days like today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The day we came full circle October 22, 2013

  The day we came full circle October 22, 2013 Hubby's off days are Tuesdays and Wednesdays, and we both like to take day trips. We ...