Thursday, November 6, 2014

I AM ~POEM

I am from the English and Irish breed; from pan-fried Idaho potatoes and steaming-hot Aunt Jamima yellow cornbread.

I am from a warm, cozy loving home, full of children running, screaming, laughing and playing from dawn to dusk and the smell of apple pie baking in the oven.

I am from Butterfly, Swamp, Bulk, and Common Milkweed that grow freely in fields.

I am from the fighting Irish Walls and traveling English Rumbolds; long live the queen of England.

I am from Charles’s many, stormy, sailing voyages to Mary Hasbrouck, Dunedin, New Zealand, Shang High, Hong Kong, China, just to name a few.

My crimson blood flows deep, within for wild adventures, many travels, and the love of history.

Salvation fills my soul with one true God.

I am from the Heart of Dixie, the birthplace of Helen Keller, home of Roll Tide, singing group Alabama, from Hawk Pride Mountain, and the catfish filled singing Tennessee River.

I am a devout Christian woman who would give you her last morsel, and a grandfather who loved the spirit of the drink.

Stored away in my attic are memories of letters, and pictures filled with hot cotton fields, raging ocean waves, smoke-filled mountaintops, and the deep love of family.  

What a life!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The day we came full circle October 22, 2013

  The day we came full circle October 22, 2013 Hubby's off days are Tuesdays and Wednesdays, and we both like to take day trips. We ...